Tips for Success
- Remember that the SPACING EFFECT is your friend. Plan to do a manageable chunk of reviewing each night from now until your test. Maybe a unit or two each day?
- The TESTING EFFECT (or "retrieval practice") is probably your best friend. Resist the urge to just "look over" your notes. Instead, practice retrieving information from memory. You've got a couple of GREAT tools to help you with that:
- You received a Study Guide packet of practice multiple choice questions. Treat that like a test and see how you do.
- Challenge yourself to write or say a definition AND example of vocab words. You can use the Quizlet flashcards below OR the "Magical List"
- Which One Doesn't Belong? (Completed in class 1/15). Here are my answers.
- Your MC Study Guide. Want more practice MC items? Try the Mid-Year Review in Quizizz. Go to join.quizizz.com and enter game code 65833.
- The Magical List of Vocab Terms
- Famous People in Psychology (Diagnostic Guide; Completed in class 1/15)
- Quizlet Flashcards for vocabulary from Semester 1. Note: DO NOT ATTEMPT to complete these all in one sitting. Instead, if you haven't already, create a Quizlet account (free) and star ones you don't know. That way you can return to them later and/or look them up.
Study Session Materials - 1/17/16