This unit has a lot (100+) of confusing-sounding vocabulary terms (e.g, drug names, disorder names), so it would be easy to get bogged down in vocabulary. I would highly recommend that you avoid simple "death-by-flashcard" review and instead focus on identifying connections and relationships between ideas. For example: if using flashcards, can you group terms into piles by category? Which ones are anxiety disorders? Which therapeutic techniques are behavioral?
To help you focus your studies and recognize the relationships between the vocabulary terms, I've created this Short List of key items for review. You might question whether this is "short" or not, it will provide a place to start.
Study Session Materials:
- Which One Doesn't Belong? (WS)
- Grid: Comparing Treatment Approaches
- Practice FRQ on Psych Disorders & Treatment
- Review Activity: Who Would Say That? (Therapists)
- Review Activity: Who Would Say That? (Patients/Disorders)
- Review Activity: Treatment Identification
Class Notes/Activities on Psychological Disorders
Therapy & Treatment - Unit 13
Biomedical Treatments (4/14/15)