By picking up your textbook and materials, you’ve already taken the first steps toward experiencing a year of success in AP Psych. Congratulations! Let’s keep it rolling over the next few weeks and into the school year. We will have a TON of fun learning about psychology this year, and you can ensure that you will get the most enjoyment out of this class by staying on track with your reading and studies (since it’s no fun to feel behind and overwhelmed).
Use this handy checklist to ease yourself into the workload for this course and start the year strong, by getting started on the following tasks over the next couple of weeks:
- Complete the Blog Exploration Assignment in this packet (due Friday, Sept 5). This will help introduce you to all of the web resources that are available to help you with your studies this year.
- Read through the Course Syllabus. Make a note of any questions you have so that you can ask them during the first few days of class. Have your parents/guardians review the syllabus, as well. When finished, all of you should sign the last page to indicate understanding. The signed page will be due Friday, Sept 5th, as well.
- Begin reading Units I & II (pp. 1-70) in your text, using the Strive for a 5 book to guide your study, if desired. Take notes in any way you feel comfortable, since you can use them on your first reading quiz on Sept. 12.
- Decide if you would like to purchase your own copy of Strive for a 5 (i.e., one that you could write in) for $30. I will place one order at the end of textbook pick-up (August 15), and one during the first week of school.
- Begin storing course materials in your 3-ring binder. Bring this to class with you on Sept. 2, and every day thereafter!
This is going to be an exciting year, and I can't wait to start! Looking forward to seeing you again when classes begin!