- The Tongue Map: Tasteless Myth Debunked (from livescience.com)
- The Tongue Map: An Enduring Myth - introduces a more accurate diagram
- Tongue Myths Debunked; Frustrated Gradeschoolers Vindicated
- Really? The Claim: Tongue is Mapped Into Four Areas of Taste - NY Times Article
- I hate to mention this, but even Wikipedia doesn't buy the Tongue Map Myth
I'd have to agree with Christopher Wanjek, writer for Livescience.com's Bad Science Column:
"The degree of variation is still debated, but the kindest way to describe the tongue map is an oversimplification. Why textbooks continue to print the tongue map is the real mystery now."